Saturday, December 14, 2013

One Eyed Jacks

One of my husband's favorite breakfast foods is a combination of a slice of bread and a fried egg.
I don't really have to ask him what to make for breakfast anymore. I know that he will eat it.
In fact, he gave me the recipe, he originally had them when he went camping in Boy Scouts.

It's a quick and light breakfast.

One Eyed Jacks


one or more slices of bread
one or more eggs
  1. Cut a hole in the center of a piece of bread. Try to not cut the edges. This acts as a barrier so the egg doesn't run all over the pan. Do not throw away the bread disks, you can use those as toast on the side.
  2. Preheat a large skillet on medium heat. Lightly spray the pan before you place the bread in the hot pan. You can also place the disks in the pan to toast them.
  3. Next crack the egg over the hole in the bread. Cook on one side for one minute, then carefully flip over with a large spatula. You can cook the eggs to your liking. These are cooked to be over easy.
Then transfer the one eyed jacks to a plate and you are done!

I usually cook for sausage patties or bacon to eat along with it.

I used my trusty biscuit cutter to make the holes. I bought it at a restaurant wholesale store.

No comments:

Post a Comment